Stroke Survivors Support Group Meeting
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
A support group for survivors of stroke at Wheeling Hospital will be held the third Wednesday of every month from 6-7:30 p.m. in Conference Room D.
Anyone who has experienced a stroke is invited, along with family, friends or support people. Leading the group will be Lucas Burkhardt, coordinator of Wheeling Hospital’s Stroke Center.
Topics for discussion include:
• Dietary education/recommendations.
• Medication education/compliance.
• Understanding risk factors and signs/symptoms of stroke.
• Depression and other mental health concerns associated with stroke.
• Rehabilitation and provider follow-up.
While pre-registration is not required for the sessions, Burkhardt asks that those interested in attending let him know beforehand so he can prepare accordingly. Call 304-243-8398.
A Tradition of Excellence. A Legacy of Caring.