Wheeling Hospital Employee Benefits
Wheeling Hospital and Belmont Community Hospital strive to provide competitive Health and Welfare Benefit Programs in the Ohio Valley.
Our mission is to provide the opportunity for employees to enjoy financial stability, comprehensive insurance coverage, a healthy work
environment, and work life balance. These benefit programs are an important part of each employee's overall total compensation package,
with all employee benefit programs designed to provide every employee with exceptional insurance coverage at a low, affordable cost.
We look forward to you joining the Wheeling Hospital Team, the best health care employer in the valley.
Health Insurance Benefits
Wheeling Hospital offers two medical plans for full time and part time employees. You have the option to choose the one that best meets
the health care needs for you and your family. There is even a plan option available for those who choose to work on a casual basis.
The plans are administered by The Health Plan.
The two options are as follows:
- Basic Plan will provide coverage at 100% for Wheeling Hospital covered services and 90% for physician office covered services
and covered procedures in the Network. This plan has $20 office visit co-pays, $75 emergency room co-pays, deductibles and out of pocket maximums.
- High Deductible Plan* will provide coverage at 100% for Wheeling Hospital covered services and 80% for physician office covered services
and covered procedures in the Network. This plan also provides adequate coverage with a high deductible and a lump sum contribution from Wheeling Hospital.
This plan has $25 office visit co-pays, $100 emergency room co-pays, deductibles and out of pocket maximums.
Eligibility: Eligibility to enroll in the health, dental and vision programs is the 1st of the month after your hire date or the date in which you
have a Qualified Life Event. All employees must work at least 24 hours per week in order to maintain the enclosed coverage.
- Employees must elect the benefits within 30 days of hire or qualified life event; otherwise, you cannot enroll until the next open enrollment period.
- Employees are considered full time if they work at least 36 hours per week.
- Part time employees are considered eligible for certain benefits as long as they work at least 24 hours per week.
Dependent Eligibility: You have the option to enroll dependents on your health, dental, or vision as applicable to your full time or part time status.
- A participant's lawful spouse;
- A participant's child whose coverage under this Plan is required pursuant to a "Qualified Medical Child Support Order," provided that the order satisfies the requirements of ERISA Section 609 and any applicable state law;
- A participant's child (includes a natural, foster, step or legally adopted child).
Health Care Reform Act allows children to be enrolled up to the age of 26.
Preventative Services are paid at 100% with no co-pays. Some of the services available to you are:
- Annual Routine Physical Exams
- Well Baby Care
- Annual Gynecological Exam with routine Pap Smear
- Routine Mammogram
All plans provide a Wheeling Hospital employee discount program as follows:
- 25% Hospital Discount
- 10% Pharmacy Discount; the discount is cost plus 10% for OTC drugs.
Dental Insurance Benefits
Dental Insurance is administered by United Concordia. Wheeling Hospital provides two dental plan options providing you with flexibility that best meets the needs of you and your family.
Dental Insurance Program Highlights:
- 100% coverage with In-Network providers
- Exams (2 times per year)
- Cleanings (2 times per year)
|Diagnostic & Preventative
|Basic Restorative (Fillings)
||60% / 50%
|Orthodontics Maximum (lifetime)
||$50 / $150
The dental benefits are available to Part Time employees on an Employee Only basis - No dependent coverage.
Vision Insurance Benefits
Vision Insurance is administered through VSP.
|Annual Eye Exam
Contact Lens exam and lenses covered every plan year.
Frames covered every other plan year.
Extra discounts and savings on extra glasses, sunglasses or contact lens.
Life Insurance Benefits
Wheeling Hospital provides Non-Contributory Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Benefits.
Eligibility begins the first day of the month after 90 days of full time employment.
The life insurance benefits are administered by Liberty Mutual as follows:
- Life: 1 x annual earnings, rounded to the next higher $1,000; up to $50,000(principal sum).
- AD&D: Loss of life -1 x principal sum; loss of one member (hand, foot or eye) - 1/2 principal sum; loss of two or more members -1 x principal sum.
Contributory Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Benefits are offered to the full time and
part time Employees. Eligibility begins the first day of the month after 90 days of employment.
Coverage can be purchased for the following amounts:
- Increments of $10,000 up to 5 x annual salary with a minimum of $10,000 and a maximum of $400,000 (may be subject to underwriting).
- Up to $200,000 guarantee issue for employees under the age of 70.
- Increments of $5,000 up to the maximum of $25,000, but not to exceed 50% of the employees elected benefit amount (may be subject to underwriting).
- Your spouse's benefit will reduce to 50% upon the employee's attainment of age 70.
- Benefits will terminate upon the employee's retirement.
Child Voluntary Life only
- $10,000 per child for children age 6 months to 19 years (up to 25 years if unmarried and a full time student); $250 for children age 14 days to 6 months; Newborn children to age 14 days are not eligible for coverage.
Short and Long Term Disability (STD & LTD) Benefits are offered to the full time employees. Eligibility begins the first day of the month after 90 days of employment.
The following details the income protection for the short and long term disability benefits.
|Short Term Disability
||Long Term Disablity
|Elimination Period||30 days
|Benefit||50% to $1,000 per week
|Elimination Period||180 days
|Benefit||50% to $5,000 per month
Wheeling Hospital offers a Retirement Plan and Trust (401a) that is an employer paid benefit, administered by PNC Investments.
- All employees are eligible.
- 5 year graded vesting schedule.
- Participating on date of hire.
- 3% of Annual Compensation contributed to Retirement Plan by Employer up to the Total Wage Compensation limits governed by the IRS.
- Additional Contribution of 0.1% for each year of additional service.
All employees are eligible to participant. You may enroll the 1st day of any month after date of hire.
In addition to the Wheeling Hospital Retirement Plan and Trust (401a) plan, Wheeling Hospital also offers
a 403(b) retirement plan allowing employees to deduct money from their paychecks to be placed into stock market funds chosen by the employee.
Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- Eligible to enroll or make contribution changes the first of each month.
- Voluntary Retirement Program.
- Employer Match of $0.25 for each $1.00 up to 4% per pay.
- Immediate Vesting.
Wheeling Hospital provides a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program designed to allow all employees the time for rest, relaxation and
pursuit of personal recreation. Employees can earn up to 28 days of PTO, depending upon employment status and years of service,
which are in addition to 6 paid holidays. These paid holidays are in addition to premium pay providing for any employee that works the actual holiday.
Holidays are paid from the date of employment. Full time employees are paid 8 hours of holiday pay for each holiday and
part time eligible employees are paid 4 hours of holiday pay for each holiday.
Designated Holiday Days are as follows:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Wheeling Hospital provides all employees with a full service Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Employees are eligible on date of hire.
The EAP program offers you with a confidential comprehensive program that helps employees and their family resolve personal problems
that may adversely impact their work performance, conduct, health and wellbeing. BDA also provides the employee and their family
with valuable resources to deal with life events. Services include:
Health & Wellness Programs
24/7 access to masters levels counselors via telephone plus up to five in person visits with a local counselor. These clinicians can help with the following:
- Depression and Stress Management
- Family Conflicts
- Relationship Problems
- Alcohol and Drug Addictions
- Parenting Concerns
- Child or Elder Care Issues
- Gambling Issues
- Financial And Legal Concerns
- Web access to a wide range of information including the above topics
- Legal consultations and references at discounted rates
- Financial consultation and references
Employees are eligible to join the Howard Long Wellness Center on the first date of their employment with Belmont and
Wheeling Hospitals. Full time and part time employees are eligible to have the monthly dues deducted from their payroll check,
while casual or temporary employees must set up billing arrangements directly with the Howard Long Wellness Center.
In cooperation with the Health Plan, Wheeling Hospital provides a comprehensive wellness program designed to assist all employee live a healthy lifestyle.
Other Miscellaneous Benefits
- Health Flexible Spending Accounts
- American Funds Collegamerica 529 Plan & Covereell IRA
- Free onsite parking
- Gift Shop Discounts
- Pharmacy Discounts
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Events
- Membership in First Choice America Credit Union
We hope you agree that Wheeling Hospital is not only the patient care choice in the Ohio Valley,
but the EMPLOYER OF CHOICE in the Ohio Valley. We look forward to you joining the Wheeling Hospital Team.