Wheeling Hospital Hosting Seminar on Workplace Violence
February 6, 2020
WHEELING, W.Va. – A free seminar on workplace violence will be held at Wheeling Hospital from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on March 20.
The event is being presented by the hospital’s Safety and Security Department, the McKeen Group, and WVU Medicine’s Barnesville Hospital and Reynolds Memorial Hospital. Continuing education credits will be available.
The seminar will benefit employees in the public and private sector who are responsible for ensuring a safe work environment. This includes school administrators, supervisors, firefighters, security personnel, school resource officers, office managers, risk management personnel, safety managers, contractors, consultants, government representatives/staff, health care providers, human resources personnel, occupational health professionals, pre-hospital providers and others considered vital to safety.
The topics and speakers will include:
• Non-Violent Crisis Intervention – David Carlson, CPI Regional Manager
• Active Shooter and Crime Scene Management – Shawn Schwertfeger, Wheeling Police Chief
• Workplace Violence – Anthony Milam, OSHA
• The Importance of Emergency Exercises – Lou Vargo, Ohio County EMA Director
• ALICE and OODA - Wheeling Police Department
• The Role of DHSEM and State Fusion Centers – WV Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
The seminar, being held in the hospital auditorium, will begin with registration and breakfast at 8 a.m. and conclude at 2:30 p.m. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Registration deadline is March 15.
For more information, contact the Safety and Security Department at 304-243-3007.
-- 30 --
Contact: Thea Gompers, Director, Marketing/Public Relations 304-243-3705
A Tradition of Excellence. A Legacy of Caring.