Belmont Community Hospital - The Belmont Rehabilitation Center
Belmont Rehabilitation Center is a comprehensive rehabilitation unit located within Belmont Community Hospital's main facility. It offers a full complement of rehabilitation services using a multidisciplinary, coordinated team approach.
The 14-bed rehabilitative nursing care unit has been designed and equipped to meet the special needs of the center's clients. The fully equipped therapy gym overlooks the Ohio River. Patients have access to their own modern kitchen and laundry room featuring the latest equipment for training in a variety of daily activities.
Through a team approach to treatment, each patient receives a personalized rehabilitation program to meet his/her specific needs, as well as a set of realistic goals. Services provided by the treatment team include:
- Dietary planning.
- Occupational therapy.
- Physical therapy.
- Rehabilitation nursing.
- Social work and discharge planning.
- Speech-language pathology.
- Neuropsychological counseling.
- 24-hour physician services.
The Rehabilitation Center gives both help and hope to people who have physical impairments. The goal of the hospital is to motivate, encourage and educate patients to reach their highest level of independence. Programs are available for patients with:
- Total joint replacement.
- Brain injury.
- Spinal cord injury.
- Neurological disorders including:
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Muscular dystrophy.
- Parkinson's disease.
Professional staff members are trained to help motivate and educate patients and their families in all aspects of the rehab process. Patients and their families actively participate in the therapy program, which is designed to meet unique needs and goals. By attending conferences and participating in educational programs, families develop a sense of understanding and confidence in helping patients meet their own needs.
The Rehabilitation Center Advantage
Within an acute care hospital:
- acute medical problems can be addressed without leaving the facility.
- diagnostic facilities are located in the same building.
- testing and/or medical treatment can be completed while therapy continues.
Professional staff provides:
- 24-hour medical coverage.
- opportunity for patients to be monitored by their personal physician in consultation with the medical director.
- 24-hour rehabilitation nursing.
Personal care features:
- unit sized to allow for personal attention.
- home atmosphere that encourages patients to move beyond their disabilities to achieve their maximum potential.
- continuation of therapy after discharge through outpatient rehab facilities, including home health care.
For more information, call Belmont Rehabilitation Center at 740-671-1216.
Belmont Community Hospital
Belmont Community Hospital in Bellaire became an affiliate of Wheeling Hospital in 1996. It offers primary care and selected specialty services. Additional services are now available at its outpatient centers located in Powhatan Point, Shadyside, Bellaire and St. Clairsville.