Goals and Services
The goals of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program are:
- To advise individuals with coronary artery disease, and their families, on appropriate lifestyle changes and risk factor modification.
- To help the individual progress toward a level of optimal physical, psychological, vocational and social well-being.
- To maintain lifestyle changes and continue participation in an exercise program after cardiac rehab.
- To provide educational sessions on topics related to the care and management of coronary artery disease.
- To provide individualized dietary instruction.
- To provide cholesterol screening.
- To provide medically approved exercise prescriptions designed to promote cardiovascular fitness.
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program goals are:
- To lessen the severity of symptoms and complications associated with respiratory disease.
- To help participants reach their potential to carry out daily living activities with minimal discomfort.
- To provide educational sessions on topics relating to the care and management of lung disease.
- To provide medically approved exercise prescriptions consisting of aerobic conditioning, and strength and flexibility exercises.
Helping cardiovascular and pulmonary patients reach their potential in carrying out daily activities is one of the goals of the rehabilitation programs.