Comprehensive Pediatric Care
Wheeling Hospital's Center for Pediatrics brings together specialists from a wide variety of disciplines to provide total health care for infants, children and adolescents.
From primary to acute care services, child/adolescent psychiatry to rehabilitation, behavioral health to pediatric endocrinology, wellness and community services, the concept of Wheeling Hospital Center for Pediatrics is to provide a medical "home" for the region's children. The center features the only area team of more than 200 professionals, including nine pediatricians, providing pediatric services around the clock.
In addition, the inclusion of a pediatric subspecialty care clinic opened in partnership with Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC allows parents to obtain services for their children previously unavailable in this area. These services include pediatric cardiology, general and thoracic surgery, otolaryngology, neurology and hematology/oncology services. Pediatric gastroenterology and orthopedic surgery will be coming soon.
The Center for Pediatrics' physicians and therapists are conveniently located at Wheeling Hospital, the Stratford Center in Wheeling and in Martins Ferry, OH.
The components of the center include:
- Primary care pediatrics.
- Pediatric subspecialty care, including endocrinology.
- Specialized hospital care for children.
- Pediatric rehabilitation services include occupational, physical, speech and autism spectrum disorders therapy.
- Psychiatric services for children and adolescents.
- Wellness services, such as exercise and diet programs, geared especially toward youth through the Howard Long Wellness Center.
- Coordination with community services, such as WV Birth to Three; Ohio Help Me Grow; Reach Out and Read; and Catholic Charities.